For the Academic Union
00 44 1865794362
Some websites about animal researches:
eara.eu/en/ The European Animal Research Association (EARA) is a communications and advocacy organisation whose mission is to uphold the interests of biomedical research and healthcare development across Europe.
https://www.fasebj.org/ The Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology (FASEB) is the largest U.S. biomedical coalition, representing 29 societies & 130,000 researchers.
https://www.fessacal.org/ Federación de Sociedades Sudamericanas de Ciencias de Animales de Laboratorio
The Academic Union Oxford (AUO) is an international academic association of more than 350 University Chancellors, Scientists, Researchers and Innovators from 34 countries. It pursues the ideals of Academic Excellence, Innovation and Accessibility and is committed to disseminating these core values through its worldwide community. The primary aim of the Union is to consolidate the efforts of scientists, educators, industrialists, and manufacturers on science, education and business integration in the modern world. More than 50 projects are realized by the Academic Union Oxford, amongst them projects on internationalisation in Higher Education, levelling up of education management competences, sharing innovative ideas throughout the academic community. The official scientific and presentational digest of the AUO is ‘The Socrates Almanac’, registered and issued in the UK. The Academic Lounge located in the heart of historic Oxford city became famous for hosting executive seminars and business meetings. More than 600 regional companies from 4 continents have already taken an advantage of business and organizational improvement strategies presented at the AUO events. More details about the Academic Union Oxford can be found at the official site.
Under the aegis of the Academic Union Oxford the Innovative Center for Educational Programmes (The Expert Centre) was established in Oxford to organize trainings, seminars, business meetings for top managers, executives, undergraduates and postgraduates, higher education directors, city and healthcare management positions with the corresponding issuance of Certificates of Attendance. The best European professors and practitioners provide a high-quality consultancy service in the fields of business, finance, auditing, law, certification, recruitment, educational management, city excellence, healthcare administration.
Thu 10:25 PMVery good connecting with you!
I´m graduated in Biomedicine at Federal University of Triangulo Mineiro (Uberaba – 2003-2007), I have a Master´s degree in lung cancer research in mice at Faculty of Medicine of Sao Jose do Rio Preto (2008-2012). Nowadays I work as inspector of students since 2012 in Sao Jose do Rio Preto. Maybe I can do a doctorate to work as professor and researcher abroad or in Brazil.
I hope in some way with my blog http://www.science1984.wordpress.com to help significantly in the socio-economic and technical-scientific development of the countries. Note: I do not earn money with my blog, YouTube Channel and Social Networkings. I never earned money with blogs I did. The human quality of life needs to improve to people live longer.
My blog goal is help any one in anyway who visited it. The blog content is very good with high quality. There are many important informations! I elaborated it in 2018. There are 42 followers of my blog, 161 likes, 1,1 mil comments approved and 676 posts typed by me. Many people worldwide visited my blog.
– > Videos: Acknowledgment for the recognition of the researches (dissertation and monograph) I participated at Medical School of Sao Jose do Rio Preto and Federal University of the Triangulo Mineiro – Uberaba – Brazil. I was invited by Internet to participate in 57 very important science events worldwide in 26 cities of different countries in less than 1 year (Suzhou, Stanbul, Miami, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Abu Dhabi, San Diego, Bangkok, Dublin, Sao Paulo, Dubai, Boston, Berlin, Stockholm, Prague, Valencia, Osaka, Amsterdam, Helsinki, Paris, Tokyo, Vienna, Rome, Zurich, London and Frankfurt) because I participated of very important researches in Brazil. Informations about it are in my blog: www.science1984.wordpress.com
– > Video 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGbu5GKzjMk
– > Video 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB5zxg8bjoY
-> Video 3 – Gratitude: I was invited to participate in 55 very important science events in 25 cities of different countries in less than 1 year.
– Link related with my dissertation: https://science1984.wordpress.com/2018/07/15/i-did-very-important-detailed-and-innovative-graphics-about-variations-of-all-mice-weigths-during-all-exerimental-time-my-dissertation-they-can-be-an-excelent-reference-for-future-researches-like-2/
– Article of my dissertation: The influence of physical activity in the progression of experimental lung cancer in mice – Pathol Res Pract. 2012 Jul 15;208(7):377-81. The research was made at Faculty of Medicine of Sao Jose do Rio Preto.
– Link about my monograph: Chagas Disease research in laboratory at Federal University of Triangulo Mineiro -> Induction of benzonidazole resistance in human isolates of Trypanosoma cruzi https://science1984.wordpress.com/2018/07/15/my-monography-chagas-disease-research-in-laboratory-2/
It´s fundamental inform you the researches I participated. The world needs more efficient researches with high quality and precision. There are many laboratories that used mice to study pathologies and received very important financial investments. Many people won very important prizes because used mice in their researches.
I´d like very much that many people knew these informations that are in my blog.
Facebook Page about my Blog: https://www.facebook.com/scientificblog/
My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9gsWVbGYWO04iYO2TMrP8Q
My Curriculum Lattes: http://buscatextual.cnpq.br/buscatextual/visualizacv.do?id=K4240145A2
My LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rodrigo-nunes-cal-81433b168/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWWDMV2W7QM Gratitude: I was invited to participate in 55 very important science events in 25 cities of different countries in less than 1 year because I participated of excellent researches.
My goal was always to make a high quality blog for anyone to access it.
Science events and researches are essential for world progress in all aspects. So, My blog and this video sharing is fundamental for human health! Unfortunately there are very dangerous and fatal diseases without cure or total prevention methods like vacination. The human expectancy of life needs to increase so much faster. Therefore, new scientific discoveries are very necessary for human life urgently.Thanks for messaging us. We try to be as responsive as possible. We’ll respond to you soon.It´s very important professors, students, scientists, researchers and other people worldwide know about my dissertation made at Faculty of Medicine of Sao Jose do Rio Preto because it was a very innovative and important research as well as my monograph (Chagas Disease research in laboratory at Federal University of Triangulo Mineiro -> Induction of benzonidazole resistance in human isolates of Trypanosoma cruzi). The data like graphics I made about variations of weights in all mice of different ages (Control Group -> treated with urethane and without physical activity and Study Group – Aerobic Group -> treated with urethane and subjected to aerobic swimming free exercise – Anaerobic Group –> treated with urethane and subjected to anaerobic swimming exercise with gradual loading 5-20% of body weight) during all experimental time [My dissertation -> Lung cancer research in mice – Article: The influence of physical activity in the progression of experimental lung cancer in mice – Pathol Res Pract. 2012 Jul 15;208(7):377-81] are essential for the world scientific community. These graphics I did related to my dissertation aren´t in the article nor in my dissertation as well as details about time of exercise and rest of the animals. They can be an excellent reference for many types of researches like in the field of genetic engineering! The age of the human, of the animal and the genetics influence in certain ways in the physiology and in other aspects.
Very important observations:
1. Cancer is very related to the weight loss of the patient.
2. Age and genetics of the person are very important factors that influence cancer.
More informations about it are in this link (my dissertation): https://science1984.wordpress.com/2018/07/15/i-did-very-important-detailed-and-innovative-graphics-about-variations-of-all-mice-weigths-during-all-exerimental-time-my-dissertation-they-can-be-an-excelent-reference-for-future-researches-like-2/
´´The mouse is the main animal model used as the basis for research on diseases that affect humans.´´
Very important observation: The genetics of the mouse is very similar to that of the human.
In my dissertation the progression of lung cancer was lower in the group of mice that practiced anaerobic physical activity. Weight lifting is an anaerobic physical activity in humans. It would be very important, innovative and interesting to do researches in mice and humans testing a substance or substances, analyzing biochemical, pathological, pharmacological and physiological factors like weights in all experimental time (weight loss of the patient is very associated with cancer), the influence of age and genetics within the group itself and in the other groups in the inhibition and progression of cancer, for example. In this context, it is very important to seek new methodologies for the treatment, prevention and early detection of cancer and other diseases, such as vaccines and other very modern and efficient technologies.
The world needs more great ideas and scientific discoveries for human live longer faster.
Brazil and other countries need to have very good ideas to human life span increases a lot in a short time.
I hope collaborate significantly with these informations in the world scientific progress.
Visit, watch and share it if possible, please! This issue has a very high importance for society!
Thank you for your attention!
Have a very good day!
Greetings from Brazil!
Best wishes!Fri 3:39 AMDear Mr. Rodrigo Cal!Thank you very much for your message and the information about your research. It is very important information in XXI century. The Academic Union of Oxford has a lot of projects in all kinds of the scientific areas. This year our team is preparing projects for Medical Universities all over the world. Please follow our news to know the most actual conferences and events in scientific and educational area! Best regards! Julia May, Manager of the Academic Union, OxfordFri 5:51 AMThank you very much for these informations! Best wishes.Type a message…
2 Woodins WayOxford, Oxfordshire
Call +44 7511 353886
Closed NowCLOSEDPAGE INFO
Business DetailsParkingValet parking
MissionThe concept of the Academic Union Expert Centre was born out of the need to offer our valued VIP participants an inspiring destination outside the office’s traditional four walls to get engaged with our experts – leaders in specific fields, to share the insights and knowledge that will ultimately support long-term growth for the organization, ensure maximum return on investment and launch new innovative projects. Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance issued by the Academic Union, OxfordADDITIONAL CONTACT INFO
AboutEffective short-term topical overviews from acclaimed speakers and practitioners combined with peer networking in the high-class learning environment of the Oxford lounge.
ImpressumThe Academic Union Expert Centre Oxford, UK
Products- Conducting Expert Session on 4 main areas (Education, Business Executives, City Management, Healthcare)
– Providing online real time broadcasting opportunities for distant participation
– Smart Edu Platform
– Guest Speakers
– Expert Consulting
– Conference Services
Invite your friends to like this Page
8,833 people like this
8,821 people follow thisAboutSee All
2 Woodins Way
Oxford, Oxfordshire OX1 1HFGet Directions
+44 7511 353886
Opens MondayClosed Now
COMPETENCE AND EXPERTISE
Our core advantage lies in thoroughly chosen speakers: British and Top European University professors, in-demand practitioners, real field gurus. We value professional competence of our attendees; therefore, we do not educate them but highlight the latest field trends, refresh and upgrade knowledge. Proprietor executive programmes present modern topics and meet all requirements to adult learning.
We offer the exclusive learning product for executives. Having in mind the executive status and comfort requirements of our participants, expert sessions are provided in comfortable up to date equipped learning space in the heart of Oxford with efficient concierge services. The strictly limited number of attendees results in personalised attention to every participant, one-to-one consultancy, quality networking.
We inspire professional networking, matchmaking and new business partners’ engagement. For this the appropriate environment is created during expert sessions, group discussions, social visiting to Oxford city. As executives tend to benefit from fellow communication, best business practices are studies to provide valuable insights and gain new leadership perspectives.
FLEXIBILITY AND EFFECTIVENESS
We consider participants’ feedback and strive to provide services that exceed requirements, and develop the most accessible product. We use Smart Education Platform with online broadcasting, individually designed trainings and corporate webinars. We offer programmes in French, Portuguese, Spanish, Russian, Arabic and Chinese. You can always select topics and efficient speakers to cover the trainings congruent to your task or to invite the expert.
- Dr Jarosław Gorski Vice-president Best Place, European Place Marketing Institute
A lecturer, coach and a consultant, advisor and place marketing trainer for the employees of the local government. Author scientific publications, conference speaker and expert commentator. Specialist in place marketing and place competitiveness, taking into account marketing and brand strategies, marketing planning and evaluation. Author or co-author of many place marketing strategies for cities and regions in Europe. He has a great experience in place branding and marketing for cities and regions as a member of research and project teams.
- Mr Adam Mikołajczyk Co-founder & CEO Best Place, European Place Marketing Institute
An international place marketing expert, passionate about branding and cities. More than 15 years associated with territorial marketing and tourism consulting. He is a co-founder and CEO of Best Place – European Place Marketing Institute – a boutique consulting organization (think-and-do tank) that aims to professionalization and popularization of place marketing and branding with current projects in Central and Eastern Europe. Best Place Institute is today the key partner for municipalities in Poland on place marketing & branding projects (Warsaw, Cracow, Gdanks etc.).
- Dr Rui Verde Director of Executive Programmes, Head of the Law and Economics Department, AU Oxford. Professor at London BPP University. An efficient legal adviser, chief consultant (political, economic and legal risks for investments and activities in South America, Southwest Europe, and Africa), visiting lecturer. Experienced in senior education management positions, now he is implementing a new model of social school in Portugal. He has written extensively about education. Visiting lecturer of International Finance.
- Engr. Nur Alam Choudhury, Prestige Constructions LLC, UAE ‘Interacting and networking with different personalities from different countries across the world. It was really an interesting event. I do like the Investment Programme. It was informative and helpful. Thanks and appreciated for inviting me to this programme.’
- Mr. Elliot Okudzeto, Allied Oils Corporation, Ghana ‘It was relaxing, fun, interactive and insightful.’
- Mrs. Gantugs Damdin, Mongolian Mortgage CorporationLLC ‘It’s a great opportunity to discover new horizons of investment management and global networking with bright managers and owners of business community. I was glad to get to know about dealing with different options of investment structuring, possibilities of new investment funding and setting up new companies, regulatory framework.’
- Mr. Robert Kintu, FIT Uganda LTD, Uganda ‘I really appreciated interaction and attendee-friendly environment. Thank you for informative workshops.’
- Ms. Sunna Deniyege Nilushi Chandima Siripala, Southern Agrocraft (pvt) Ltd, Sri Lanka ‘We enjoyed very much successful 3 days programme. Thank you!’
- Mr. Ilie Robert Dumitru, Niro Investment Group, Romania ‘I liked the way the lectures were held. The speakers gave us a lot of new information and ideas as to the topics…’
- Dr. Swapna Patawari, Jai Narain University Jodhpur (Raj.) India ‘It was great pleasure to get associated with academic union for marketing programme held in month of november2016. It enhanced the knowledge in field of digital marketing, branding and specially how to create personal brand. Lectures delivered by senior academicians enhanced the knowledge. It was an interactive experience with event other participants. Hospitality and layout was admirable.’
- Omirin Adebobola Abigail, Adnom Communications Limited, Nigeria ‘The learning sessions were enlightening and interesting.’
- Paul Aboagie, Palmers Green International Ltd, Ghana ‘The practical examples used to explain the points put forward’
SUBSCRIBE and get updates TO YOUR email!
The Academic Union Expert Centre is an independent provider of expert sessions in UK. It was established as Smart Education Platform of the Academic Union Oxford in 2015. The centre provides advanced expert sessions, professional training seminars in cooperation with lead professors and acclaimed sector experts from the U.K. and overseas. We cover a vast range of latest industry trends, enhance leadership skills and maintain professional confidence of executives and senior positions in business, higher education institution, municipality and medical facility. The main advantage of our programmes – effective short-term up-to-date topical overviews from acclaimed speakers and practitioners combined with peer networking in the high-class learning environment of the Oxford lounge. We also provide online real time broadcasting opportunities for distant participants willing to get updates from Oxford without going to Oxford.
Welcome the Academic Union privacy notice.
The Academic Union respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects to you.
This privacy notice is provided in a layered format so you can click through to the specific areas set out below. Please also use the Glossary to understand the meaning of some of the terms used in this privacy notice.
1. Important Information and Who We Are
2. The Data We Collect About You
3. How Is Your Personal Data Collected
4. How We Use Your Personal Data
5. Data Retention
6. Your Legal Rights
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
Purpose of this privacy notice
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how the Academic Union collects and processes your personal data through your use of this website or our services, including any data you may provide through this website when you sign up to our newsletter, purchase a product or service or take part in a competition. This website is not intended for children.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
o Full name of legal entity: the Academic Union
o Name or title of DPO: Alexey Shustakov
o Email address: email@example.com
Changes to the privacy notice and your duty to inform us of changes
This version was last updated on 10 May 2018.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
• Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you join the the Academic Union or place a request for services with the Academic Union and includes circumstances in which you:
- apply for our products or services;
- create an account on our website;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us some feedback.
• Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Technical Data from analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU.
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly availably sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
• Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
• Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
• Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences
• Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
• Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
• Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to interact with or access this website.
• Profile Data includes your membership identification number, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
• Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose.
Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We may collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data).
We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
1. Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you
2. Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
3. Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis/bases for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To register you as a new member or customer||4. (a) Identity 5. (b) Contact||Performance of a contract with you|
|To process and deliver your requests and orders including: 6. (a) Fulfilment of requests placed by you or on your behalf 7. (b) Manage payments, fees and charges 8. (c) Collect and recover money owed to us||9. (a) Identity 10. (b) Contact 11. (c) Financial 12. (d) Transaction 13. (e) Marketing and Communications||14. (a) Performance of a contract with you 15. (b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us)|
|To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey||25. (a) Identity 26. (b) Contact 27. (c) Profile 28. (d) Usage 29. (e) Marketing and Communications||30. (a) Performance of a contract with you 31. (b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them and grow our business)|
|To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)||32. (a) Identity 33. (b) Contact 34. c) Technical||35. (a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise) 36. (b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation|
|To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you||37. (a) Identity 38. (b) Contact 39. (c) Profile 40. (d) Usage 41. (e) Marketing and Communications 42. (f) Technical||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences||43. (a) Technical 44. (b) Usage||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you||45. (a) Identity 46. (b) Contact 47. (c) Technical 48. (d) Usage 49. (e) Profile||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/services and grow our business)|
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising:
Promotional offers from us
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or placed a request with us or purchased goods or services from us or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting us at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, product/service experience or other transactions.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
How long will you use my personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for seven years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see Request erasure below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. To find out more about these rights, please refer to paragraph 10 below:
• Request access to your personal data.
• Request correction of your personal data.
• Request erasure of your personal data.
• Object to processing of your personal data.
• Request restriction of processing your personal data.
• Request transfer of your personal data.
• Right to withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Legitimate Interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us
Performance of Contract means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
Your Legal Rights
You have the right to:
Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
The Academic Union is an international academic association of over 200 University Chancellors, Scientists and Researchers. The committees and the Union as a whole pursue the ideals of Academic Excellence, Innovation and Accessibility and are committed to disseminating these core values through its worldwide community.The primary aim of the Union is to consolidate the efforts of scientists, educators, industrialists, and manufacturers on science, education and business integration and development in the XXIst century.
Leaders of higher education, institutions, colleges, researchers, scientists, teachers, and representatives of higher education and business structures can join the Academic Union, regardless of ethnic or religious backgrounds. In addition, educational organizations and institutions can join the Academic Union as associate members.
The Academic Union members are invited to attend the annual Union gathering – EBA Reception, which is traditionally held in Oxford since 2000, as well as other activities of the Union’s partners to share experiences, discuss new research and gain support from each other.
Welcome address from Dr. Vincenzo Costigliola, Honourary President of the Academic Union Oxford (AUO)
Dear members, colleagues and friends,
It is with great honour that I have accepted the position of President of the Academic Union.
I am delighted to be joining the Academic Union at a very exciting time; full of ambitious projects, expansions, and no doubts, challenges.
I am committed to provide support in order for these projects to be successfully completed.
In particular I’m thinking of the plans to have a new Academic Lounge in 2016; at the plans to increase the members of the Speakers Bureau and the project in which I strongly believe which will look into expanding the influence of our network of Universities to promote student exchange and the exchange of academic resources.
Part of the activities undertaken for the past 25 years by the European Medical Association, of which I am founder and President, are to research and promote all resources available at national and international level.
Of course the Academic Union is amongst those valued resources.
The programs and objectives presented by the AU are broad and stimulating, facing the increasing needs of a rapidly evolving multicultural and multi-ethnic society.
Being able to actively contribute to the realisation of the projects that AU suggests becomes for me a professional as well as a personal commitment which, however, will need everyone’s effort, support and continuous enthusiasm to overcome any upcoming challenges in order to achieve our much wanted results. I look forward to working with you all.
Mission and Vision
The Academic Union mission is integration and coordination of the educational institutions, scientific research institutes and business structures to enhance and improve educational research, educational and cultural activities, and to provide scientific ideas and inventions implementation.
Its vision is to support the endeavours of its members, for the innovative projects and programmes, as well as raise interest and funding for such projects.
Members are joined to actively participate in the following international projects:
- Publication of the institution presentation page and scientific article in the Socrates Almanac (deadline for materials May, 28). Materials requirements are in the registration form
- Press-releases about scientific research and findings in the e-newsletter ‘The Leaders Times’, at the official websites
- Academy of Higher Education Management Intensive Training programmes (priority right to participate in the project)
- ‘Innovative Rector of the Year’ Contest
- Guest Professor/ Guest Lecturer/ Guest Expert‘ project: organization of lectures, seminars in your institution
- The Smart Education Platform programme will allow you to conduct online lectures, conferences, webinars, including from the Academic Lounge in Oxford
- ‘Speakers & Experts Bureau’ – the international project to shortlist best sector experts and professors to carry conferences&forums (priority right to participate in the project)
- AU Publishing in Oxford monographs, scientific articles, etc. (priority right to participate in the project)
- Nominal open grants for young scholars and students(priority right to participate in the project)
- ‘The Academic Lounge’ project (inclusive distant office and conference-services in Oxford)
- Academic Working Sessions on the topic of modern challenges and solutions in the field of education and research
Visiting missions to the Universities of AU members
- ‘The Scientist of the Year’ – open contest of the Academic and Research excellence
- AU Design Studio project and services
- Annual Summit of Leaders in Oxford – major gathering of the year
Dr. Vincenzo Costigliola
Honorary President of the Academic Union Oxford
President of the European Medical Association, Belgium
Executive Director of the Academic Union Oxford
Director of International Relations, EBA Conferences, UK
Dr. Rui Verde
Head of the Law and Economics Department of the Academic Union Oxford
PhD Law. University of Newcastle, UK
CEO, Prime Business Destinations
Managing Partner of Horwath HTL, Switzerland – Global
Dr. Iain B. McIntosh
President of the British Global and Travel Health Association, UK
Join an outstanding academic community
2, Woodin’s Way, OX1 1HF, United Kingdom
Best wishes from the Academic Union team.
Select LanguageEnglishAfrikaansAlbanianArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechDanishDutchEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduVietnameseWelshYiddish
Welcome to the Academic Union Oxford
It is the Achievements Forum that forms the Register of the best regional universities and educational institutions TOP-100. Achievements 2020 ” and provides them with a reputable international platform for demonstrating innovative examples and successes in the field of quality and management.
Become a member of the Academic Union Oxford, the bespoke global academic community for leaders of higher education, researchers and scientists, educational management professionals
A 2-Day Intensive Expert Session
‘Association of Universities: optimizing funding, degrees and research’
• Academic excellence worldwide. Patterns and paths
• Globalization and networking. The benchmarks
• Questions of funding and association of universities
• Common degrees practices. Advantages and optimization considerations
• Common research projects: efficiency and maximization
• Case studies: University of Oxford, University of Harvard, and other tailored situations
October 24-25, 2020
A 2-Day Intensive Expert Session
‘Measuring quality and ranking at Universities & Creating Global Universities´ branches’
• Academic excellence worldwide.
• Patterns and paths Measuring university quality.
• The main methods Best practices to measure quality The ranking question.
• Advantages and Disadvantages The search of good positions in the rankings Expansion of Universities.
• Branches and joint-ventures Case studies: International
• University Rankings & Creation of branches in China per UK Universities.
November 21-22, 2020
A 2-Day Intensive Expert Session
‘Case Study of Alumni, Fundraising & Management Structure at University of Oxford’
• Oxford University Management Structure: Key Positions and Responsibilities
• Collegial system, including the relationship between colleges and the ‘central university’
• Alumni Relations: Strategy, Communication Channels and Events
• Fundraising: goals, priorities and campaigns
December 5-6, 2020
|For the Academic Union firstname.lastname@example.org|
00 44 1865794362
Copyright © 2020. The Academic Union